Monday, September 19, 2011

Passings Beloved Chair


When I look at this antique, all I see is Nana. She was infatuated with its mahogany woodwork that was adorned with detailed etchings of subtle rings and delicate flowers. The fabric was brilliant cobalt blue tulle before it was reupholstered to a creamy silk stenciled in gleaming gold. It was rescued from a yard sale and was a deal that Nana couldn’t resist. She always saw the potential in everything. Our late night cuddling and tales of heroic princesses, magic, and adventure have long worn out the cushions. This chair has heard its fair share of secrets that only my Nana could keep. I curled up in its open arms only once after her passing and could feel the memories drift over me as well as her light scent. 

1 comment:

  1. You are some writer, Michaela!! Keep up the stellar performance. You rock!

    ReplyDelete